Things to consider when buying TV
Electronic devices have become an indispensable part of our living spaces. After a detailed examination, televisions are at the forefront of these devices that we strive to find the most functional and quality. We buy the televisions we bought for a long time, without changing them, so we think it will be the best when it happens. Like ever-evolving and changing technology, television models are constantly being renewed, so choosing is getting harder and harder.
Thanks to a large number of different brands and hundreds of technological terms, this selection and purchase process becomes even more difficult. We share the easy ways with you to make this process easier, and you can find the best TV of your choice in MediaMarkt. Before you decide which TV to buy, there are some questions you can determine. What are your needs? For what purpose will you use the TV the most? What are the points to be considered when buying television?
For Which Purpose Will You Use Your Television Most?
• If you love watching movies and use your television to watch movies, the first criterion you should consider should be image quality. In order to achieve a good image quality, you can choose models with technologies such as UHD and OLED.
• If you intend to use your TV for business purposes or to buy a new TV for your office environment, you can choose wireless TVs. In this way, you can use your television just like a computer and run your business.
• If you want to watch satellite broadcasts on your TV, then you can choose models with satellite receivers, so you can use two different functions in one device and save space.
What are the Considerations When Buying Television?
There are some features that need to be taken into consideration in order to find that functional television that meets the criteria you want. One of these features is to decide whether you want to buy LED TV, OLED TV or QLED TV. While Plasma televisions were swept around once upon a time, LED televisions attract attention and meet expectations in this period we are in now. But what is it that meets your needs?
• LED TV: LED TVs, which make the lighting through the LEDs located behind the display panel, can save high energy thanks to these features. LED televisions, which can be preferred in places with lighting at every level, are equipped with new generation technologies. Models with the technology in question are among the best selling televisions on the market today.
• OLED TV: With its high level of color accuracy, contrast height, wide viewing angle and a blur-free image, OLED TVs are the products with the best technical features today. They also impress with extraordinarily thin screens. Accordingly, the highest figures in terms of price are required for OLED TVs.
• QLED TV: Thanks to its special structures, QLED TVs that help you reach more vivid and realistic colors aim to prevent the fading of colors even while increasing or decreasing the screen brightness. QLED TVs that completely prevent the colors from fading even when they are at a very high brightness level; It also offers its users an assertive performance in terms of color depth, brightness, liveliness and realism.
Which Screen Size Should I Prefer?
The screen size of the new television you will prefer is among the things to be considered when buying television. When deciding, you can consider the size of the room where you will put the television, how far your viewing distance will be and how big the screen you love watching TV.
The inch table you can use is as follows;
15 inch —- 38 screen
17 inch —- 42 screen
19 inch —- 49 screen
22 inch —- 55 screen
23 inch —- 58 screen
32 inch —- 81 screen
37 inch —- 94 screen
40 inch —- 101 screen
42 inch —- 106 screen
46 inch —- 117 screen
50 inch —- 127 screen
55 inch —- 139 screen
60 inch —- 152 screen
75 inch —- 190 screen
Where Can I Use Which Screen Size?
It is also important to know where the screen sizes with many options are appropriate to use and to decide accordingly. You can make your preference according to the information given below.
65 ” and larger screen TVs can generally be considered for cinema rooms. If you have a special fondness for sports programs, you can choose this size screen. Of course, you should pay attention to the fact that the room where the TV is located is large enough.
Televisions with screen sizes between 50 ” – 64 ” also create a strong visual impact in their environment. You can put these sized televisions in any large room of your home.
33 ” – 49 ” televisions can be preferred for medium sized living rooms and large bedrooms.
TVs 32 ” and smaller are considered ideal for bedrooms and kitchens of average width.
What Resolution Should Be?
Another criterion to be considered when buying television is resolution. Along with the developing technologies, the resolution is gradually improving. Even though HD video has fascinated us a short time ago, technology has advanced and Full HD and 4K UHD technologies have emerged and the resolution has improved. So what is HD, Full HD and 4K UHD resolution?
• HD screen: HD technology, which is generally used in relatively small televisions, represents 720 pixel resolution.
• Full HD screen: reaches 1080 pixels resolution. It is the most widely used resolution technology in HD televisions today.
• 4K UHD: 4K Ultra HD: represents the newest and best resolution level currently available on the market. 4K UHD, 1080p. It reaches four times the pixel of a resolution television, resulting in better resolution, and therefore a surprisingly clear and detailed image. Another advantageous feature that exists in many of the televisions with 4K UHD feature is HDR (High Dynamic Range) technology. HDR technology provides a much more advanced image especially on color and contrast elements. This results in higher image realism.
• 8K UHD: 8K Ultra HD resolution has four times more pixels than 4K display and 16 times more pixels than Full HD resolution and is the highest resolution ever offered. It has approximately 8,000 pixels of horizontal resolution, allowing you to enjoy even the smallest details and a much more realistic viewing experience.
Which Connection Types Should Be?
HDMI support, which is found in almost every television produced today, is known as a kind of image transfer slot. All kinds of images and sounds can be transported through the said socket. In this way, you can enjoy home cinema to the fullest. After confirming that the television you choose has an image transfer slot, the second criterion should be the number of slots on the television. At this point, you should question your individual needs. How many different devices will you connect with the TV you will use? After all, the more number of socket inputs the TV means, the more advantageous it is for you. Although today the most popular of the video transfer ports is HDMI, there are different types of ports such as USB, VGA, DVI. Among these, the presence of your television, especially Scart and USB inputs, is also important in that you can connect with different sources.
What are the Latest Technology Television Features?
• 3D TV: 3D technology provides the audience with an extremely deep viewing experience. In fact, 3D technology is given as a standard feature in many new generation televisions. With the spiral reality feeling created by 3D technology, you feel like you are experiencing the scenes yourself. During 3D broadcasts on 3D TVs, you can experience this feeling through 3D glasses. These glasses are supplied with televisions.
• Smart TV: Smart televisions released after smartphones have many functions. You can connect to the Internet through your Smart TV, and access many social media sites and applications such as Youtube and Skype via the virtual keyboard. It is also possible to play movies and videos via USB and HDMI inputs on Smart TVs with options such as 3D and 2D.
Curved TV: Also known as curved television, Curved TVs use the thinnest glass known in the world. Curved TV offers its user a very different television viewing experience. When you catch the right distance and viewing angle, you can notice every point of the image on the screen. Curved TVs, which especially multiply the pleasure of watching movies, may be suitable for small families rather than crowded families as many people cannot watch from the right angle at the same time.
• Ambilight: Ambillight TVs constitute one of the last points in television technology. You can have a much more enjoyable viewing experience thanks to the technology that allows the screen image to spread to areas other than television.