Below you will find a summary of the features you should look for when buying different seafood.
FISH SOLD WHOLE
• The appearance of the fish is bright and metallic shine
• Stamps are uniform and frequent
• Smell; not fishy smell, it should be seaweed
• Eyes; bright, transparent and full round, pupil black, cornea transparent
• gills; bright red or bright pink, little visible mucus or transparent secretion
FILATO FISH OR FISH MEAL
• Fresh seaweed smell
• Tight, elastic and moist meat
Light translucent translucent texture
• Clean, masterfully and carefully cut and sorted
• There is no bruising-browning or blood clot in the meat
LIVE LOBBY, CEREVITE, CRAB
• In general, stagnant but mild limb movements are observed
Shell; clean, spotless, no crack formed
• When you take the lobster in your hand, the tail should fold under the body
• When you take it in all three, it should feel heavy depending on the grain size.
• The shells are hard, unbroken and clean as much as possible.
• Shells are tightly closed or closed when you touch them
• The bottom lid must have formed a deeper pit, especially in oysters.
• The meat is plump, creamy and immersed in natural oyster liquid
Oyster liquid is clear, slightly pearlescent-opaque but not sandy or cloudy
• No heavy smell
• The meat is fully filled and tight
• Must not be slippery between meat and crust
• There should be no black spots on the crust or browning on the coasts.
• No heavy smell
• Meat is too tight
• No tears or cracks on the skin
• The skin should be purple-red-brown speckled on cream color, and the stale mark should not be yellowish or pinkish.
COOKED LOBSTER, CEREVE AND CRAB
• Bright red shell
• Moist meat texture
• When lobster is cooked; red-colored snow-white flesh
• When the crab is cooked; white meat with red-brown coloring
• When crayfish are cooked; white meat with red-pink color
FROZEN SEA PRODUCTS
• Fully frozen, hard texture, polished surface
• No ice crumbs on food or in the package
• The color in the meat is single and homogeneous,
Indication of drying whiteness, becoming orange and bitter
• The package is undamaged, dry
• In the presence of no smell